Japan Organic Shiso Salted Plum Vinegar 250ml
Clearspring organic japanese ume su
Japanese organic salted plum vinegar umeboshi and red shiso perilla
This plum vinegar is made from the juice extracted from the Japanese Ume plums, which are very popular in Japan, giving a tangy, salty taste and a lovely natural pink colour.
Ume Su 梅酢 is a traditional Japanese seasoning, said to date back to the Edo period in the 1600s. It is gaining popularity around the world for its unique flavor profile.
This vinegar is versatile and can be used in place of a conventional vinegar: its vinegary acidity adds a rich flavour to a wide variety of dishes, including salads, dips, vegetables, dressings, for pickling and even as a secret ingredient in cocktails.
Note: When cooking with this vinegar, there is usually no need to add salt or other salty condiments.
What makes this Yuki Aka Shiso Umesu 有機赤しそ梅酢 in 250ml bottle exceptional:
- Produced by carefully pickling Umeboshi plums with red perilla leaves
- Made by our 4th generation family-owned producer
- Authentic Japanese - grown on a mountain farm in the Wakayama prefecture of Japan
- Our producer's Umeboshi trees are not grafted - some are even over 70 years old
- The farm's new umeboshi trees are grown from the best ume plums on the farm and have not been harvested for at least 5 years
- Sustainably grown, natural and organic, without the use of fertilizers
- Vegan and non-GMO
- Packing material
- Glass bottle
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light
- Shelf life after opening
- To be consumed quickly after opening
- How to store after opening
- Keep refrigerated after opening
|Energy kcal||4 Kcal|
Japanese ume plums* 70%, sea salt, shiso leaves* (red pearl) 9%. * From organic farming