Handcrafted brown rice - Origin Ibaraki/Inashiki 1kg
Ibaraki Ken San Genmai
Short-grain brown rice grown in Inashiki
This authentic Genmai brown rice, imported directly from Japan, is produced by Japanese rice growers in the Inashiki region, Ibaraki prefecture, where the conditions are ideal for growing very high quality rice.
Consumers who want a rich, balanced diet choose this wholegrain rice, which is high in vitamins, minerals and vegetable fibre, because it has a higher nutritional value than white rice.
What makes it unique? A farm rice packed in a Japanese paper bag.
Enjoy this Genmai 玄米 rice: rice from small producers with authentic flavours at your table.
[ See preparation tips ]
- Région of production
- Packing material
- Paper bag
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light
- Shelf life after opening
- To be consumed quickly after opening
- How to store after opening
- Keep away from humidity
Brown rice 100%
Tips for preparing Inashiki Genmai rice:
- Rinse the rice in cold water, stirring firmly so that the grains rub together a little. This perforates the outer layer of the grain, allowing the water to enter the interior of the grain, which will then swell more easily.
- Leave the rice to stand for 6 hours in cold water, preferably in the fridge.
- The right amount of water for optimal cooking: 250ml of water for 150g of rice / 500ml for 300g / 750ml for 450g.
- Place the rice in the cold water container of your choice: Pressure cooker (follow the recommended instructions, cook for 10 minutes and leave until the pressure drops and the pressure cooker cools down. Stainless steel container (cook for 10 mins, then leave the rice to stand for 10 mins under a lid).
The rice is ready : Enjoy your meal!